Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Putnid made such a good case for Enphase (ENPH) that I bought me some at what turned out to be an excellent price. Every time I'd sell a piece to take a profit (usually from selling calls), it would keep going up.

Now is the first time in a long time that it's dipped somewhat - almost 20% since late August. But the only news I could find was "Crazy Eddie" (or Cosmo Kramer) impostor Jim Cramer advising profit-taking now for "discipline" reasons. In other words, sell it because it's so high, never mind the new IQ8 inverters in the pipeline or the long runway still ahead.

So - is it Cramer, who I think I can safely ignore, or is something else going on?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I’m wondering too but also aren’t we in between ERs?
Doesn’t all the stuff we own kinda dip until the next great ER?
Maybe, but Enphase kept climbing until Cramer opened his yap. I could see a modest dip, but this dip was damn big.

Enphase also usually climbs when there's good news like this, but not this time:
https://newsroom.enphase.com/news-releases/news-release-deta...

("Enphase surpasses one million microinverter shipments to Australia and NZ")
No. of Recommendations: 1
I think it was dropping before it was “Crammered”. More so than usual but both putnid and TJ Roberts were being cautious about a month ago, and I think they were just ahead of the My memory fails me on exact times and numbers but I think it was around 20 a share Where putnid was trimming a little and TJ said that ENPH was behind in delivering IQ8. I am on the smartass phone, but pretty sure I could find his reply if I got on my laptop.

John
============
Just got back to Costa Rica from Brazil
Brought an unwanted gift and hoping the medication kicks in here soon: don’t brush your teeth with Brazilian water. .
Here is TJ's reply to my asking "where ya been?". My quess is he is installing solar systems. It's that time of year, no?

“TJ Roberts
July 6 at 9:43am I love Enphase; have had no utility bill since 2013; tech is super reliable which was solar's biggest problem with centralized power configs; Enphase is all about decentralized power, simple, safe, longevity; that's there power. Tech is great. However, Flex Mexico is a quarter late. Ensemble is late. 1.0 is not going to have the bells and whistles promised. 2.0 will be the caviar but that is slated for 2020. Could there be a dip? Sure. Right now at 5-6x revenue, it's pricey to buy in. Still, since $10, there is a huge gap to fill there. But, whoever said the stock market is rational? Good luck, man, and thanks for the complement; I have done well with ENPH."
No. of Recommendations: 6
Good morning-

I thought I'd stop by to share a few thoughts. The past four months have been crazy great for me, courtesy of ENPH. Some may recall that I had posted that my ENPH position size was > 80% prior to last quarter's earnings report. Immediately following that report, ENPH took off like a rocket. It was downright breathtaking. As a consequence, my portfolio return YTD (as of Sept. 1) was 262.74%. Full year performance has been 210.50%. I've been feeling stunned/giddy for months.

The thing about rocket take-offs is that almost always there's a fall back to earth. So it's been with ENPH. I sold a lot of shares during the ascent. As a consequence, my position size fell from +80% to as low as 40%, as I pocketed gains. Note: I did not sour on the company, not at all. I simply considered that the irrational exuberance was going to fade. And it has. As prices fell, I bought back sold shares if I could buy them at a minimum of a 10% discount. My ENPH position has grown back to ~50%. I'm not done yet. My goal is to maintain at least a 60% position size over the balance of the year. I expect I'll be buying back even more shares, given that ENPH has now entered the gap that was establish a short while ago. I happen to be an investor who believes "gaps fill". There's quite a gap on the chart spanning $22 to $28. I believe this gap will fill based on recent price action. That suits me just fine. I still hunger for more shares. I will be buying back enthusiastically.

Should the entire Market crater as a consequence of all the economic headwinds swirling about, then I'll focus on the gap established immediately after the last earnings report. That gap extends from $10 to $13. Should that gap come back into view, I'll scoop up more shares by the truckload. Time will tell.

ENPH has always been a volatile stock over the course of the 5+ years I've owned shares. The volatility doesn't bother me at all. I've been swing-trading ENPH the entire time. I believe the company has a very bright future. It won't grow in a straight line, but it will grow (and grow significantly) for several years to come.

Good luck to all!