Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Any thoughts?( Jordan )

I was so busy counting stocks/funds that I almost forgot to reply to this part of your post! ;-)

The "Breathe Right" product is a good one....they need to focus on building market awareness that it exists and what it does.....how it makes life more "right".

The stumbling block for a company the size of CNS is the lack significant "big-media" marketing budget...it would simply cost too much for them to saturate the airwaves with traditional :30 or :60 TV spots.

That's where non-traditional thinking must take over....get the strips in plain site using "free media"...public events that are covered by the media....( remember the rainbow-colored hair guy with the Biblical quote at all the PGA golf tournaments? )

Just look at the number of non-traditional sports uses already mentioned on this board! A cheap way to get exposure!

For example,there is a world famous "Cooper River Bridge Run" in Charleston this weekend...I'd put a couple of strips in each runners packet with a note about their benefits.....if only 1 in 100 of the 10,000+ runners expected to run wear one, that's 100 running advertisements!!....and it's a lot cheaper than going the star endorsement avenue.

And don't just focus on the NFL and NBA.....go for the lower cost sports ( like cycling, running, track, swimmers,etc )....also college sports/athletes....hey, even high school. Would the USOC take free samples? Worth a phone call!

On the higher-cost front....it may be more attention getting to pay for someone famous to wear the strips in a totally non-traditional way.....or in non-traditional situations... like the old joke about how fast you have to run to get away from the bear chasing you and your friend.....just faster than your friend....so whip on a BR strip!

Ok, my tongue is in my cheek a little...but the principle here is to think of non-traditional ( non-athletic ), humorous situations where you need maximum performance from your body ( "feet, don't fail me now!").....and the BR srip becomes part of the solution to the problem.

I'm just rambling now...I probably should sit down and really think this through "by the numbers"....but then, that would be a step back toward my previous life as a consumer products marketer...not sure I want to get caught up in that again ;-).

Anyway, it's fun to play with ideas...who knows, maybe CNS will read them and get the seed of an idea that will take them to the next sales level.

Last thought...the lowest priority I would have, given a product with the proven potential of BR Strips (they work!.. and only have 3% penetration...and I'll bet very low awareness levels ), is development of new products.

The marketing of new products at this stage takes the very limited energy of a relatively small company which should...at least for the immediate future ....be devoted to getting a proven winner sufficient usage to create "critical mass"...enough people use them that they are common place versus the exception.

Rambling again.....senility next!

Regards!

Murph

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.