No. of Recommendations: 3
Anybody else have the same problem? Any alternative ways you've found to fight it?

Which famous patriot said, "The price of liberty is eternal vigilance"?

He was actually talking about clutter and paperwork.

I find I literally have to hit a lick at it EVERY single day without fail. I don't even go to the mailbox unless I'm ready and willing to process the mail immediately. 90% of it, counting outer envelopes and useless inserts, goes in the trash as soon as I bring it in.

I can get rid of the trash even when hungry and tired; stuff requiring action I put in teh Action Folder if I can't cope with it right then.

I've gotten so tuned in to decluttering I automatically look at things with an eye to whether they can go to Goodwill yet. Default assumption, they are going sooner or later. I don't even shop recreationally any more, where does all this Stuff come from?

Oh, what if you left the mail til the next morning, took it to work and processed it on break time. Then you'd only be taking home the real stuff, and would be looking at it when you are at your best.

I also called that toll free number to opt both me and dh out of credit card offers, he gets at least two a week in the mail.

REader99
Yearning for the old days of erasable slates
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.