Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I just got into CMI on 25nov11 at $86.20 ....
Needless to say, I'm very satisfied as of today's date...
Print the post Back To Top
Nice return so far. I just received an email from the Fool advertising one of their newsletters containing the following subject line:

"the death of diesel & the ONE STOCK to play it..."

THE DEATH OF DIESEL TRUCKING...

The dagger is a technology born during the late 1980s in a research lab at the University of British Columbia's Department of Mechanical Engineering...

It has developed and is right now on the verge of reaching critical mass... In fact, The Wall Street Journal says we're entering a "golden age"...

And some of the biggest, most powerful companies in the world are scrambling to get a piece of the action... companies like Royal Dutch Shell, Ford, Volvo, GM, CAT, and others.

And then on December 8, one industry source revealed this technology has the potential to "transform the RAIL industry" as well...

CMI looks like it just broke out past its 200 day moving average.

Can anyone confirm this?
Thanks.
I got in at the same time and roughly that price. Very happy as well.
I had thought about opening a position earlier and decided against it, but could not resist at that price.

BH
I just got into CMI on 25nov11 at $86.20 ....
Needless to say, I'm very satisfied as of today's date...

.. Feb 5, 2013 --- CMI @ $119 midday...
No. of Recommendations: 2
I am also in CMI.
This is a well managed company, and will benefit from any pick up in the global economy.
Also, I think their effort in natural gas engines will be a benefit in the long run.
Navistar really looks like they dropped the ball, leaving CMI with little competition in a big part of the engine market.

Today CMi's forward guidance was not great, but 1 analyst said the company is low-balling expectations.

The dividend makes it easier to have patience and hold the sotck for long term.

imho
No. of Recommendations: 1
CMI< Westport and CLean Energy Fuels(CLNE) agreements are accelerating conversions to Nat Gas.This will be huge growth engine for the future!
CMI< Westport and CLean Energy Fuels(CLNE) agreements are accelerating conversions to Nat Gas.This will be huge growth engine for the future!

Wouldn't then WPRT be the stock to buy instead of CMI?
I own both, but they are very different investments.

WPRT, a speculation, is a relatively small engineering firm with a lot of potential upside. It makes no current profits & pays no dividend.

CMI, an investment, is the industry leader in engine manufacture, with solid earnings, solid balance sheet & pays a dividend.
You are right. WPRT sure is a lot more speculative.
CMI sure looks like a solid company (without having studied it in more detail), but 13 times trailing earnings (according to Yahoo) does not appear screamingly cheap. Maybe I should wait for a dip.
Adding a portion of WPRT would spice it up.