Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just thought I'd check in. I honestly just jumped in with a small sampling of Hidden Gems--six total--and 1/2 position in two Tiny Gems back the end of June.

This is my first post--I've been a long-time reader of TMF, but finally sold the 2nd house, put about half the cash into my new business, and decided to stash the rest away long-term--like, 10 to 20 years. So I don't have to worry about the ups and downs that come with small caps.

So far, it's been very educational. PLPC was not my favorite pick, but I liked the amount of cash on the balance sheet--over 1/3 of it's market cap in cash sounded good :) It's my only real "winner" so far--up over 20%.

Until today, I was a little ahead--everything pretty much even, except PLPC juicing things up a bit. The VLCM happened, down 30% today :(

Oh well, again, this IS money I am NOT trying to live on, and I expect overall I will do very well with the collection of Hidden Gems I picked over the next 5 years, or even 10--hopefully adding to the pot as my business picks up.

Not sure the real point of this post.....just wanted to post something positive about PLPC and see if anyone else is even on this board!

Regards,

Dan

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.