Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just thought I'd check in. I honestly just jumped in with a small sampling of Hidden Gems--six total--and 1/2 position in two Tiny Gems back the end of June.

This is my first post--I've been a long-time reader of TMF, but finally sold the 2nd house, put about half the cash into my new business, and decided to stash the rest away long-term--like, 10 to 20 years. So I don't have to worry about the ups and downs that come with small caps.

So far, it's been very educational. PLPC was not my favorite pick, but I liked the amount of cash on the balance sheet--over 1/3 of it's market cap in cash sounded good :) It's my only real "winner" so far--up over 20%.

Until today, I was a little ahead--everything pretty much even, except PLPC juicing things up a bit. The VLCM happened, down 30% today :(

Oh well, again, this IS money I am NOT trying to live on, and I expect overall I will do very well with the collection of Hidden Gems I picked over the next 5 years, or even 10--hopefully adding to the pot as my business picks up.

Not sure the real point of this post.....just wanted to post something positive about PLPC and see if anyone else is even on this board!

Regards,

Dan

Print the post Back To Top
Dan,

You might want to check out the "Tiny Gems" board and "Making Nitikta a Master" boards about 2-3 months back. There was a lot of informative discussion about PLPC. I think you can do a search for the PLPC posts.

Regards,

Rob
Try also this more recent thread:

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=24401216

You can read all the posts by clicking "Whole Thread".

Rob
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's been very illiquid.
It seemed the management didn't care if it was a public company or not. But there has been a bit more communication recently.
Of interest, we now learn that it was a Controlled Company. Why do they never tell you this till it's over??!!
It's now NOT a Controlled Company. The Boss's mum who practically owned it, has sold her shares to the company. A Buy-Back Special but probably a step in the right direction.
I'm cautiously optimistic.
Malc