Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I may be on the market for a new sewing machine as my New Home MemoryCraft 8000 is in the shop. And of course, I was about an hour away from finishing my current project when that happened, so I am preparing to be on the market for a replacement machine as a back-up plan.

I've done some looking before, and as I look again, the Bernina 770QE has my attention. It has everything that I want, and I know Bernina has a great reputation. But as I look through the website, it looks like they have quite a number of special feet, some of which look like duplicates to me, so perhaps the feet have narrow uses. And one thing I do not see anywhere is a 1/4" foot which I have now and use when I am piecing quilts. It seems really odd to me, however, that a machine that is marketed as a quilting machine doesn't seem to have that foot.

So does anyone have either the 770QE or another Bernina machine? Do you have all those extra specialty feet? What do you like about the machine? What would you change?

I'd love to have a discussion here on this. I plan to head up to the local sewing store on Saturday to do some test driving and to ask some questions, but I could use some help on what sorts of things I should be asking.

Anyone have any ideas or input?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.