Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am trying to get a group together to show the So Cal people that we too have fool pride. The S.F. Bay Area Investment Club will be having our first meeting on Thursday May 20th at 7:30 at Gordon Biersch in downtown San Francisco. I'll try to have a sign saying "fool", I am hoping to get more than myself there, but I am a fool, and will

FOOL ON

whatever happens.

Print the post Back To Top
Wish I could join the SF gathering. I'm in Mountain View down on the Peninsula and 1) as a teacher I'm pretty darn unavailable until June 10th, and 2) (sheepishly) SF is so far to go, even for some high-quality Foolishness.

SO, I will selfishly use this post to make a plug for my own area.
Anyone on the Peninsula, Fremont area, or even San Jose out there who'd like to begin an IC?

A Lazy Fool

Anyone on the Peninsula, Fremont area, or even San Jose out there who'd like to begin an IC?

I'm in San Jose ... while I'm not interested in joining an investment club, I would be interested in a once a month dinner with some Fools. I also think that San Francisco is a long way to go ... so I'll join the cry for any other south bay Fools.

-Tony
San Francisco is a little too far for me, but I wish it weren't.

Maybe next time, we can meet East Bay? Like someone else said, I would like to see regular monthly get togethers, as I am not really investment club material, and won't be for a few years, but I am more than interested in learning about investing and meeting others who look to Foolishness as a lifestyle choice. [why does that make me sound like a suck-up?]

And when are the Gardners coming back to THIS area?

Diane
Hi Diane:
I'm moving to Ca. from Turkey! Just started "fooling" around, going to be in East Bay to visit my son on June 9 in Alameda, but then heading to LA. Wish I could meet the Gardners. Will end up in Glendale, CA. Are you anywhere near Alameda?
aegl Sez:
I'm in San Jose ... while I'm not interested in joining an investment club, I would be interested in a once a month dinner with some Fools. I also think that San Francisco is a long way to go ... so I'll join the cry for any other south bay Fools.

I Sez:
Well, perhaps we should look into getting some dialog going for the South SF Bay. I'm in San Jose as well and would like to at least talk more about what's going on around here. It sounds like SoCal has a large and somewhat organized contingent; are we such free thinkers that we can't also benefit from banding together??

It sounds like SoCal has a large and somewhat organized contingent; are we such free thinkers that we can't also benefit from banding together??

Almost entirely erroneous, water-hoarding NoCal. For one, Angelenos are utterly amiably disorganized. It is the jackbooted OC contingent, they of the county of Disneyplatz, Dornan, and unGodly long left turn lanes (has anyone ever made a left turn on their own, entirely without an arrow in Orange County?) that is para-organized. Two, we rarely benefit from banding together. At a typical gathering, at least four ruinous stocks will be touted as the next sure thing, enough Tequila will be consumed to affect the outcome of a Tijuana election, and one or two marriages will be put in double jeopardy.

I don't engage in much of the above myself, of course. I try to keep things on an even keel. But I am still steaming about my parking ticket at Pinks...yet another non-benefit.

You are free thinkers up there though, that must be admitted. Those Browns!

laopera
see you up there sometime
>>It is the jackbooted OC contingent, they of the county of Disneyplatz, Dornan, and unGodly long left turn lanes <<

Left turn lanes in Orange County? No way! When I lived there OC was so conservative the signs on the freeways said "Welcome to Orange County. No Left Turns."

Now I'm in N. California, which includes the (Nuclear Free Zone) Peoples Republic of Berkeley, where the city council is now wasting time deciding whether to buy only "organically" grown coffee from under-the-rain-forest-canopy. I think they need some "No Right Turns" signs....

I'm up for a Fool meeting anywhere in the Bay Area. (as long as it doesn't interfer with Boy Scout events, Girl Scout events, Soccer games, Dance competitions, Little League practice, etc. Interfering with work, however, is OK! Unlike the San Jose folks, I'm even willing to travel a few miles... :-)

--Bob
aka LeftCoastJayhawk
laopera Sez:
Almost entirely erroneous, water-hoarding NoCal.

I Sez:
Wow!! I don't know whether to ROFL or be seriously insulted! :)

Well, let me amend my previous post by saying that "It sounds like Southern Californians have a large and somewhat vocal contingent" (Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being baited?)

Besides, what would someone expect to get out of a dinner "party" with a bunch of Fools (other than the requisite hangover)

Fool On,

Randy

Wow!! I don't know whether to ROFL or be seriously insulted!

Hey, already you're ahead of "Spring Street" Bob, who put me in the Penalty Box immediately for dissing his immanently dissable town.

Well, let me amend my previous post by saying that "It sounds like Southern Californians have a large and somewhat vocal contingent" (Why do I suddenly feel like I'm being baited?)

You aren't being baited, because it's no contest. You are likely all alone up there to defend the water hoarding NoCals. They only pop in on this board from time to time, looking for serious investment clubs to join (poor bastards haven't figured out yet that housing costs are offsetting their AOL profits, and that they could make Key Investment Move One by hightailing it on 580 right out of town with a U-Haul hitched to the back). Had I not had such a great dinner at Fallaron (Farallon?--jeez, those martoonis...) a month ago, and were you not so underrepresented, you would be under virtual siege.

laopera
tossing a brick in the neighbor's pool right now, to save water
Hello there, I will be moving to San Francisco at the end of June and am interested in exchanging ideas about investing. I am just beginning to invest and learn the Foolish way an would like to bounce ideas off of people. I saw your post and thought I would reply. Let me know. Thanks