Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Is anyone following EPR Properties? Since they invest in experiential properties, which seemed like a great way to go before Covid 19, however now I think it may take longer for their properties to open up up to customers, because of Covid 19, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on whether you think it is a good idea to sell it at a loss, since it has stopped paying a dividend, which is what I bought it for, and I have no idea when it will start being profitable and paying a dividend again.

I'm wondering if i should just take my losses and use the cash to buy something that pays a dividend. I own it in two retirement accounts. I don't really need the cash right now, but as i see it going down to below 50% loss, I wonder if I should take my losses and move on. The rest of my portfolio is doing really well.

Thanks. Be Well, Be Happy, Be Prosperous.

Sharon R
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 7
Sharon
I too hold EPR as it has always been pretty well run.

The bad news it whacked its common dividend to $zero. The good news is management claimed a couple of weeks ago it was at 81% of properties 'open' and it is continuing its preferred dividend.

It's going to be tough for companies who rely on close-proximity people businesses like sports arenas, fitness centers, theaters and restaurants as long as the virus phobia is with us. I shed AHT preferred at a loss as I don't think AHT is nearly as well run as EPR. For now, I'm holding my shares.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hi Sharon!

I concur with Bruce: REITs like EPR, SKT, SPG, MAC, to name just a few, will have a long road coming back to where they were before the onslaught of this COVID pandemic.

David
I'm getting my ass handed to me with EPR and CLDT.
Waiting this mess out. I concur with Bruce.

~~ MrMax ~~
How has the 11+% drop today treated people.
My crying towel is really really wet. :)
Max,

Did any news come out that caused EPR's decline today?

I have a list of about 20 stocks to buy in December, or earlier, on any significant price weakness such as tax loss selling.

The list includes 3 REITs - CORR, SHO, & EPR.

Regards,

VM
VM

The news was Cineworld shutting down their theaters in US and UK.
EPR dropped 11%+ Monday. Now where did I leave my crying towel.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/05/ceo-of-regal-cinemas-owner-o...

Regal also closing all its USA and UK theaters.

John
Sold my EPR in late June.
Thanks John and Max for the info.

Just reviewed EPR's portfolio and at 46% theaters they have ONE big problem!

Thanks,

VM
If I recollect Regal is part of the Cineworld holdings?
Thanks Bruce, & everyone else for your responses. EPR is down over 60% since i bought it so i decided that I just may wait it out to see if the stock comes back over time. I was reading a Motley Fool article that said one of the biggest risks is if AMC goes bankrupt, but there are a couple of Motley Fool articles that agree that it might be worth holding. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Be Well, Be Happy, Be Prosperous,

Sharon R