No. of Recommendations: 2
Hi again -

It's been ages since I've been on this board. Probably because things were going so well for so long. (well relatively) And now I'm back with a drug question.

Is anyone taking Paroxatine? (sp?) My new dr prescribed it, and I'm not sure its working. Or maybe i'm having side effects.

I was taking Zoloft for 20 some years. It was working fine. I moved to PA from NYS and had to get a new dr. in that time I ran out of the Zoloft and was without it for a few weeks. (after stretching the last of my pills for a time.) When the new dr gave me a new zoloft prescription I started having problems with it. My hands would shake excessively when I took it. I started to think I was having an "saturation" reaction. (I forget what they call it.) Since my new dr had suggested trying something else, I decided to try the paroxitine. So here I am 1 year (?) into taking the paroxatine, and I'm having problems again. She (dr) also told me it would help with my hot flashes. Right now I am not sleeping at night and sleeping most of the day. I'm having twitching issues. The hot flashes are less but not gone. (maybe) They happen mostly when I wake up. Sometimes when I eat or drink. My joints and muscles ache, and I'm having a hard time concentrating. OF course I should also mention that there are a number of stressful things going on in my life which are not helping.

I'm really having a hard time functioning, and to make things worse, I really NEED to be functioning right now. All I want to do is sleep. I might also mention that I seem to be having breathing problems while sleeping. I wake myself up snoring I think. I am also having problems with my ears. Pain and pressure off and on. Weather on the east coast is not helping at all. Air pressure headaches and migraines.
I'm starting to feel like a basket case. I keep thinking if I can just get some sleep I'll feel better, but I just keep wasting days away sleeping.

Does anyone have any advice or thoughts? I know I need to go see my dr, but I don't have a lot of confidence in her. AND right now I'm in NYS at my parents and would need to go back to PA to see dr. which due to family issues I can't do right now. I need to go see a ear, nose, throat dr. too.

I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin. (if you know what I mean)

Help..

Lady Ianna
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I don't know about these things - I did not have an actual doctor for a therapist. But I remember you from your posts a while back and I hope things have gotten better for you.

BTW I am mostly OK. I had hot flashes too, but after a while not so much. I have a boyfriend who works night shift & he has moved in, and while he is civilized (he does not expect me to wash his work clothes) it is sometimes like inviting the forces of chaos into my life.

I wish you the best.
- Paint
Print the post Back To Top