No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm trying to book a trip to FL for Dec 26 or 27 returning the following week, probably Dec 30, but I could be flexible as we have a wedding there on Dec 28. I realize that airfare will be ridiculous because it is Christmas week, and unless I can find something reasonable, I will not be going.

I have looked on the major airline sites, and prices are through the roof. So I started to try the discount sites such as priceline.com, but it feels like bait and switch to me. It keeps giving me flights for $305 round trip, which would be in the budget, but when I go to book it, tells me that it is now $444. Is this typical of priceline? When I do the search again, I get that same $305 price point, but then it goes right up when I try to book.

Is there a trick to this? I can certainly keep waiting and keep searching, but it's starting to feel hopeless.

Anyone have any ideas for me?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.