Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyway, I have a few of these egg rings, and I love 'em. I never have a problem. I bought mine in Bed,Bath and Beyond. They're non-stick coated which makes it easier. I still even give them a quick spray with Pam, and I never have the problem of them sticking.

I also got mine at BBB, but they don't seem to have the non-stick coating.

I've attempted this several times since my original post on the topic, and i've finally got it down. I do have to grease the rings with Crisco, but then i'm golden. I let them get almost done on one side, remove the ring, then flip to finish cooking. Goes pretty smoothly now. I even tried pouring some water in the pan for poaching, and that worked as well.

As for the folks who say they nuke eggs in the botton of a cup for this effect, i'm gonna hafta give the big thumbs down on that one. Tried it, didn't like the taste.

Bon
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.