Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
..Anyway I'm not feeling so safe with a $22.25 cost basis. I have a 1.4% allocation so I think there's room. So, through written June puts, I'll lessen cost of current shares or be put new shares that will effect a $21.-21.25 basis either way. So, if Brad's no valuation change scenario comes to fruition, I'll be good with that (somewhat safe) and a decent total return.

I think this is a BIG if for SKT: ...about 48% undervalued if management succeeds in turnaround and restores to historical growth....

Hi Joe!

I feel your pain on SKT; down almost 18% on a $24.30 cost basis (not including dividends received the past 2 years, which does take the edge off a bit).

The "good" news is that my position size is about half yours (0.8% versus your 1.4%). However, after a lot of reading, thinking and extrapolating, I have decided to hold what I have, and DRIP the dividends. What keeps me in the SKT game is the financial conservatism (and experience) of management, and the relatively higher-than-normal-for-a-REIT safety factor in the form of a lower % payout (albeit rising). I like that they are not afraid to prune/sell lower performers and will use the proceeds to pay off debt.

Bottom line, I will continue to hold/drip unless things worsen dramatically for SKT.....and only add via cash-secured puts that are significantly "overpriced".

Cheers!
Murph
BL and MFPP Home Fool
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.