Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Anyway, I'll keep searching in the hope of a new breakthrogh that will benefit my family in more ways than one.

jbob100
Absolutely !! - my family have suffered enough as well. From a purely investment point of view I don't follow cancer developments because, as I said, there are many companies all following the same Holy Grail. Novartis, for example, recently announced a breakthrough but although you would have thought that it would have sent the share price into orbit it didn't simply because the cancer breakthrough formed a very small part of the Novartis empire. There was a spike in the price but it was a small one and in the end had little effect of the overall price.
Another real problem is for any development to pass the rigid testing and development regimes that many countries insist on. The US, as you probably know, has about three stages of testing each one of which has to be approved by the FDA. At the same time there has to be a patent process to be worked through - all this can take years and years before the product reaches market.
Looked at from an investment point of view there are just too many delays in the process to make it worthwhile IMO.
Regards
Harmy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.