Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
Anyway, there you have it. I shamelessly nominated myself. I know I'm not gonna win. Heck, I'm not even gonna crack the Top 10 -- even if less than ten people are nominated. There are just way too many deserving people out there in Fooldom; I don't know where to begin. Over the years I've become aware that there are quite a few intelligent, experienced and educated Fools here, and I've certainly learned from them and hope to continue to do so. This place wouldn't be the same without them.

Now go ahead and rec this post anyway. You know you want to.

Yesssss... there you go. Don't you feel better now?

Feste on!

Markoose

I rec'd your nomination. How could I not when reading from your profile that your investing style is leveraging hedged Peruvian guano futures? Anyone with that expertise in a naturally occurring and renewable resource deserves a rec for that alone. I was in Peru a few years ago and I watched guano harvesting and all I could say was, “Holy siht.” Little did I know then that it was siht with a dividend. I thank you for your inspiration.

Do you stand a chance for The Feste Award? If it were up to me, yes. However, realizing the rigid rules of the award and how these rules exclude us both, I don't think you have a snowball's chance in Hell of getting it. Not because you don't write well, you do; it's not because you aren't topical and au courant, you are; it isn't because you aren't a loved Fool, you are; nor is it that you have written stuff that caused the readers to snort soft drinks through their collective noses, you have; it is because you are, and I say this as a friend equally as such, more often inane than others nominated. Sure, this is why I search out your posts but it isn't a criteria that is going to get you The Feste Award. Sorry about that but that's the way it is.

The problem with The Feste Award based as it is on Learning Together is that this criterion excludes Learning to Laugh Together. Okay, so it also excludes Learning to Bathe Together but let me pass on that one.

I instituted, completely without TMF's compliance, The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster for the express means to recognize those posters having inanity down to an art. Sometimes you meet this and I meet it all of the time so if you think I am going to let you have a chance at that award, I am going to FA your nomination even though you have a better chance than many others at challenging me for it.

However, your nomination did one thing. It reminded me that I hadn't added you to my Favorite Fools list which I did promptly after reading your post. Don't thank me, just realize your hopeless position and vote for me for The Feste Award Third Class with Palm Cluster when the time is ripe.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.