Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 14
Q: How does AOC stay so thin when she regularly eats Congressmen for lunch?

A: They have no substance. Like rice cakes, just full of air...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
AOC is in the 1/5 bottom percentile of cosponsored bills submitted. In 2018 and 2019 she was unable to bring a single bill to the floor that she sponsored. In her entire tenure in the House of Representatives she has only been part of 3 bills with senate cosponsorship.
Being an uncompromising wild cat from hell is not how democracy is accomplished.

Sorry... AOC wash repeat...
No. of Recommendations: 0
Interesting stats, but it lacks context. How did she fare relative to other freshman representatives? (I'm not an AOC fan, just trying to be fair in the comparison.)

Interesting stats, but it lacks context. How did she fare relative to other freshman representatives?

Can you name ten other freshman Representatives? I guess my point is, other than being a wild-cat in the news, outspoken liberal of the Democratic Party, She is nothing other than a freshman representative that hasn't accomplished anything.
Calling out the GOP on their lies when everyone else is saying nothing is doing something. The younger generation finds her hugely inspirational for this very reason and have started to take an interest in how the country is run. At least she isn’t blocking progress and economic relief in the name of power like Mitch and his cronies.

She’s been in congress two years, the entire time under the thumb of Trump and a Republican senate. November 2018. Your complaint is “she hasn’t done much”.

Really? Two years? What do most Congress members accomplish in their first two years. She’s learning a lot I’m sure.
No. of Recommendations: 1
AOC is in the 1/5 bottom percentile of cosponsored bills submitted.

Numbers of bills cosponsored during a time of Trump/GOP treachery is hardly a reasonable metric of new Representative effectiveness. Even if other new legislators had cosponsored a larger number of bills (data you have not shown to be the case), that is not an indication of the value of those bills. One piece of important legislation that takes years to sell and pass could easily be more valuable to the nation than 100 cosponsored bills of little impact.

AOC has managed to gain publicity and support from many progressives and Democrats during her tenure. That is an accomplishment in these times that might be more valuable than all the bills she could ever cosponsor.

Sorry... your analysis is invalid.
She’s learning a lot I’m sure.

Well the point is that she has been up until now too far left and even her followers refer to her as Uncompromising.
The word is, after the Barry Sanders results nationwide, AOC is moving more middle left. AOC has made a change among top aides in her congressional office — replacing some outspoken radicals with more traditional political professionals —
She's not endorsing many candidates this election cycle to the far left either.
I believe you'll see a more cooperative Ocasio-Cortez