Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
I just want to give a big shout out to AP credits. Braidgirl had 24 credits count towards her major (her scores were good enough she would have had more credits for different majors, but some of her AP credits weren't useful for her major) - that's a semester and a half at an expensive private university, saving us a crapton of money. After the end of this term, she'll have 58 credits - about half way to graduation after attending two semesters. :) The plan is for her to graduate within 4 calendar years while doing two co-ops, so she'll graduate with a year of work experience.

Next year wafflegirl will be taking 4 AP classes and I hope they'll help her as much as they helped braidgirl. :)

(and yes, it doesn't seem possible they're that old already)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just want to give a big shout out to AP credits. Braidgirl had 24 credits count towards her major...

Really depends on the school and on your major. For our guys their AP classes were not accepted for core engineering classes like Calculus. Eldest said if he had to do it over again, he would take AP classes that could be used for English and History type classes that everyone has to take.

...but some of her AP credits weren't useful for her major

How about as electives? Still have to pay for those, too.

IP
No. of Recommendations: 0
Thanks to AP credits and summer classes, DS was able to drop a class he hated (without picking up a substitute), later do a semester abroad (great experience, but only 6 credits), and still graduate on time.
No. of Recommendations: 3
My younger daughter had 40 credits count towards her major. She received a chemical engineer degree in 3 years. My older daughter had 16 credits count toward her major. She received her degree in 3.5 years.

PSU