Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Apart from the switchyard, there wasn't so much damage after all. I wonder if the wind turbines mentioned in the original post will be back in operation after 9 days?

--------------

As I read the article there was more damage than just the switchyard, but the switch yard prevent any power from being supplied to the grid.

As an engineer I see that a loss of 1600 MWt for 9 days is equivalent to 14,400 MWt-days. A one MWt wind turbine would need to be out of service for 28,800 MWt-days (50% capacity factor) to equal the downtime for the nuclear plant.

Don't you agree that 28,880 days is a long time - don't you agree that they could fix many wind turbines in that time?

jaagu
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.