Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Okay, I'm online and checking for apartments in the Denver area... I will tentatively be working at Quebec Street and Alameda and want to be within commuting distance... not more than 30 minutes away...

Can anyone make any suggestions for locations? I have no idea what is considered a bad side of town, or where to even start looking... any suggestions will be welcome at this point...

CaveGirl
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Cavey,

Try Apartment Finders. They're really good about finding you a place (if you don't have banned-breed dogs and stuff).

Also, there are some really cool looking places along Cherry Creek that would be a pretty short commute for you. Probably even a bike commute.

And we'd practically be neighbors!

t.
Hi Tru!

You know, I totally forgot about commuting by bike... that would be awesome! I'll look into Cherry Creek locations though I know it's a rather pricy part of town and may be outside my budget...

I'm on Apartmentguide.com and looking... there are some beautiful places so far but space is what I am looking for... unless I can get a garage to go with for storage... so many decisions...

You and I will have to get together and do lunch sometime if you have the time... my job will be straight days, I think, which will be nice...

CaveGirl
No. of Recommendations: 3
The Apartment Finders people are pretty nice. There's one at Hampden and Monaco in the King Soopers parking lot. They take your needs into consideration -- space, rooms, price, location, etc. -- and come up with a list of places for you to look at.

I can't remember the name of the places I am thinking about along Cherry Creek, but there are several. If you take a bike ride along the creek, heading east from downtown, you should be able to find them. The first one is around Exposition and Cherry.

There are also duplexes near me in the Gove and Mayfair neighborhoods, but I don't know how the prices look. Also the Congress Park Neighborhood has some cute little places that wouldn't be a bad commute for you. (Colorado and 12th, roughly)

Good luck!

t.
Hi Tru... I got a call from the apartment locators and suggested the Cherry Creek location, too... they have some new apartments in the Lowry AFB location that are really nice so sometime this afternoon I hope to have some places to visit. Thanks for the suggestions... I greatly appreciate it!

CaveGirl
No problem. I am glad you have some to look at. Lowry looks like it's going to be a really neat little community and it would be really close to where you anticipate working.

Good luck on the apartment search!

Hugs,
t.
CaveGirl,

That's my part of town, Leetsdale and Quebec. I did see a couple of for rent signs around Mississippi and Onieda and I believe another around Quebec Way which has some places along the canal. Not a bad area but there are a couple appartment complexes to stay away from around Leetsdale and Quebec. Lowery will be nice someday and there putting an Albertsons around 1st and Quebec.

Good Luck.

Wayne
Hi Wayne... I was out in your neck of the woods yesterday! I'll look you up sometime when I get settled in... did some more checking for apartments and was rather disappointed at the finds for the day... I still have many more prospects so I will just keep plugging away until I find what I am looking for...

See ya soonest!

CaveGirl
Nice to have you in my neck of the woods. Look forward to haveing you as a neighbor. Good luck on your quest.

Wayne
Karen,

Check the Rocky today. It reports on the high vacancy rate in the metro area. The accompanying photo is of a complex on the side of town where you are looking.

Happy Hunting!

Steven