Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Introduction:
In the cannabis industry, investors have done well not to judge a book by its cover. Stories of great success have developed seemingly overnight. Those who were on their toes took advantage of it and got in early. But beyond the opportunity for investors lies something far more important, and that is all the lives changed by the new technologies developed in the fields and specialties of medicine embodied by these groundbreaking companies. A large clue where to look for groundbreakers can be to first find groundbreakers who invest in other, typically smaller, groundbreakers. Aphria (NYQ: APHA) and Canopy Growth (NYQ:CGC) are two such companies who make such investments and partnerships, and in this case, they both have invested and partnered with the same cannabinoid pharmaceutical innovator, Tetra Bio-Pharma, which according to the company has the intentions become a Nasdaq stock. With that introduction, I'll get into my analysis of their partner's research findings and its consequent opportunities they are taking advantage of.

I. Three Key Areas of Tetra's Research:
A1.) BODY:
"A significant finding of the study was learning how much of each cannabinoid and terpene is delivered to the human BODY
as the result of smoking or vaporizing a dried cannabis product."

A2.) BRAIN:
"The key to the success of a smoked cannabis product is closely linked to its speed of delivery to the BRAIN."

(This can cancel the negative affects of inflammation in the brain due to Alzheimer's! Will Tetra use Caumz to become the world's first to conduct a cannabinoid clinical trial for Alzheimer dementia (AD) treatment? There is a subset of this group, diagnosed as early onset AD, who are fully able to make a decision to participate. Also, like any other group, they are likely to be found among those who have chronic pain or fibromyalgia, which Tetra is already studying, so you simply add that to the participant questionnaire to increase your data points. I believe they referred already to their ability to use previous data collected to supplement one of their current studies, you recall."

A2. Cont.) Why Alzheimer's? The place you treat that is in the brain and Caumz or a Caumz oil would target this without further tweaking, though they could tweak. There are plenty of early onset AD patients who would use a vaporizer, and for those who wouldn't, another delivery mechanism like oil would be ideal. Then they cuold expand that to include all stages of AD, as you know. Not every drug gets into the brain so easily, or is so readily accepted by the brain's components as cannabinoids, terpenes and flavonoids, which are all top neuroprotectants. These seem hand-selected, hand-created, by the One who set Orion in the sky along with all the constellations for us to behold billions or trillions of years ago. With such foresight, seen just by the majesty of the stars, I have to believe this is the case with cannabis, from what I have seen.

A3.) BLOOD:
"In addition, the inhalation mode of delivery results in significantly higher maximal plasma (BLOOD)levels at the peak of treatment."

II. Some interpretation of the opportunity their findings open up:
B1.) "What does this mean? Essentially, results from our study in humans showed that the peak therapeutic levels show only a 1-minute difference in delivery between the pipe and vaporizer. Combined with the speed, the levels of cannabinoids delivered at this peak of exposure are what results in the benefits seen in patients who suffer from pain."

B2.) How is Tetra using this key research data they gathered? Did they get a PATENT covering it?! "The pipe or vaporizer delivered important differences in some cannabinoids and terpenes (, and I will assume in some flavonoids as well ~ author). Tetra is using this insight to accelerate the DEVELOPMENT of alternative formulations for the treatment of fibromyalgia and uncontrolled chronic pain. This knowledge is incorporated in the FILED PATENT application and based on this (PATENT), Tetra will use isolates or synthetic-based supplies of cannabinoids and terpenes to develop these prescription cannabinoid-derived medicines."

B3.) More on terpenes and flavonoids in cannabis. Tetra and its subsidiary Panag are also studying terpenes like Beta-Caryophyllene, and flavonoids, such as discovered in their groundbreaking research into the composition of smoked and vaped cannabis, which led to their filing a patent on that key research! According to Leafly, "They (flavonoids) account for roughly 10% of (the) known compounds (in cannabis) with around 20 varieties (of flavonoids) known to exist in cannabis."

III. Tetra's very real opportunity to change lives in multiple conditions with CAUMZ:
C.) A significant, very real opportunity for Tetra with Caumz. Tetra has a significant opportunity to advance Alzheimer's research and provide a substantial solution to a key problem involved in Alzheimer's development and exacerbation right now, not tomorrow. Caumz actually fights key elements found in the brains of AD patients. You may not have known this. I am an expert in this aspect of it, and hold degrees in cognitive psychology and two decades of field experience in AD to back up what I'm saying. I bring it up tonight because I realize that while Tetra sometimes touches on the brain in their news, as above, they have not yet addressed conditions of the brain, or treating them, specifically. That is likely to change, because it naturally presents itself through their very successful, multi-faceted research programs.

Now I know my ABC's, tell me what you think of me!
… and my 1,2,3's, too!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.