Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Aphria (APHA) likes to make investments in other cannabis companies and it's investment in clinical research & development cannabis company Tetra Bio-Pharma is looking to start bearing fruit.

Viewing the chart for the last two years, the volume has been strong around the first of the year and forward in 2017 and 2018 in a noticeable grouping, leading to increased demand for the shares. The overall timeframe has demonstrated strong support for TBPMF (OTC US). At $0.50 the first rise of the chart shows it went right through that level after a short time resting there and then went quickly on to one of its highs, $1.14 USD. All that volume started around October 2016 but the bigger spikes were from November to May. Then in December 2018 we began to have more spikes in volume with higher volume continuing from December 17 through about April 2018. The MACD spikes each of these times around the beginning of the year.

http://schrts.co/zyfpmrpt is a permalink from stockcharts that I believe to show a bullish pattern upon us.

But we had new volume come into the stock early, 4 months early, starting in August 2018 and with the volume staying fairly strong with continued spikes ever since. You can see from the volume by price chart the increase in volume at the higher levels is about double previous norms. Other indicators have predicted an upward move in price each of these three times plus two more times we saw a move up, in May 17 and January 2019. So we are getting an increase in volume in both traditional times for Tetra but now also another wave has been coming in early as well, and you can see the three volume clusters on the chart. MACD is confirming it as well all five times, including our current chart today.

Bane for sellers of the stock would be acquisitions, good operating results, and strong news. We have had all three: Panag Pharma will be acquired in February according to their definitive agreement. Panag's chairman is the chairman of Tetra. They also have a director on our board. Both recused themselves from the acquisition discussions and voting, instead letting the approvals come from those with no conflicts of interest, like investment bank Paradigm Capital, which rendered an opinion the deal was favorable to shareholders of Tetra. Also a special independent committee of the board reviewed the deal. The the rest of the board voting on it, that makes at least three good methods you want to see. Nothing that appears shady. So I congratulated them on that, on remaining pristine and open. That is a powerful acquisition that makes them the leader in cannabinoid research with the largest clinical trial pipeline of cannabis in the world. Operating results for their natural health subsidiary are looking good as the rollout of the Hemp Energy Drink continues its expansion to new cities; plus their Genacol products are geared up; then add the natural health products they can move on at Panag, and commercialization comes with that deal.

From Tetra's news release:
With the acquisition of Panag Pharma, Tetra will have:
1.) THE MOST ROBUST PHARMACEUTICAL AND NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS PIPELINE OF ANY CANNABINOID COMPANY
-- [IN THE WORLD].
2.) more pharmaceutical and natural health products;
3.) ENLARGED CAPACITY TO SELL THESE PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE;
4.) ACCESS TO PANAG'S ADDITIONAL NHP PORTFOLIO OF PRODUCTS.

So if you thought that GW Pharmaceuticals was the one with the largest pipeline, think again.
Tetra has a pipeline of 6 clinical trials, from PP01 to PP05 and PP02 is split into two pathways for two conditions. That is six drug clinical trials (HC, FDA, & EMA) currently moving along the pipeline roadmap. You can now add to that all of Panag's portfolio. And Panag has been studying new cannabinoid compounds for 5 years, amassing much data developing a list of non-addictive pain-relieving products containing cannabinoids and similar compounds found in cannabis and other plants. They've been seeking non-lethal solutions to the opioid crisis in North America, which is a key goal of Tetra Bio-Pharma. The founders have over a hundred years of experience in cannabinoid research and The Father of Cannabis Medicine (as they call him), Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, has been mentoring two of Panag's founders for over 20 years now all about cannabinoids. In fact, he is the senior advisor to Panag Pharma, and now to Tetra Bio-Pharma.

A tremendous bane to sellers of a stock is major news that creates a paradigm shift. This would be the news from Tetra that they have received approval of their Phase III clinical trial of PP01 smokable cannabis as a drug. It is believe that since Tetra's partner has applied for the Drug Identification Number for PP01, and Tetra has applied for patent protection based on what they learned in the clinical trials, that the Phase III trial has likely concluded very successfully or is in the last stages of wrapping up. Any news along this line will make Tetra news across North America. It is such strong news, that I would expect a trading halt on the Canadian exchange in preparation for that news. Then, since the only thing holding Tetra back from a Nasdaq or NYSE listing is their share price, they would be moving to uplist or IPO onto either one of these, thereby increasing the popularity and demand for their shares.

As you view this chart, you should be able to see the signs that we are about to move the price up significantly. From my contacts in regulatory affairs, it is believed most likely the clinical trial is over and they are going through the formalities at this time. Otherwise, if not successful, why would you be applying for a DIN # already and especially why would you want a patent on it! As well, Panag Pharma is going through with the merger acquisition, and they would have access to all the clinical data and conversations with Health Canada and the FDA about it, and with all the related partners involved in that, under non-disclosure agreement, you understand. And if that was not going well, I doubt you would see this move we just saw announced to do the acquisition. Because of these things happening and getting closer to the day of the huge news, we have seen short sales go way down over the last half a year. See: Aphria (APHA) likes to make investments in other cannabis companies and it's investment in clinical research & development cannabis company Tetra Bio-Pharma is looking to start bearing fruit.

Viewing the chart for the last two years, the volume has been strong around the first of the year and forward in 2017 and 2018 in a noticeable grouping, leading to increased demand for the shares. The overall timeframe has demonstrated strong support for TBPMF (OTC US). At $0.50 the first rise of the chart shows it went right through that level after a short time resting there and then went quickly on to one of its highs, $1.14 USD. All that volume started around October 2016 but the bigger spikes were from November to May. Then in December 2018 we began to have more spikes in volume with higher volume continuing from December 17 through about April 2018. The MACD spikes each of these times around the beginning of the year.

http://schrts.co/zyfpmrpt is a permalink from stockcharts.

But we had new volume come into the stock early, 4 months early, starting in August 2018 and with the volume staying fairly strong with continued spikes ever since. You can see from the volume by price chart the increase in volume at the higher levels is about double previous norms. Other indicators have predicted an upward move in price each of these three times plus two more times we saw a move up, in May 17 and January 2019. So we are getting an increase in volume in both traditional times for Tetra but now also another wave has been coming in early as well, and you can see the three volume clusters on the chart. MACD is confirming it as well all five times, including our current chart today.

Bane for sellers of the stock would be acquisitions, good operating results, and strong news. We have had all three: Panag Pharma will be acquired in February according to their definitive agreement. Panag's chairman is the chairman of Tetra. They also have a director on our board. Both recused themselves from the acquisition discussions and voting, instead letting the approvals come from those with no conflicts of interest, like investment bank Paradigm Capital, which rendered an opinion the deal was favorable to shareholders of Tetra. Also a special independent committee of the board reviewed the deal. The the rest of the board voting on it, that makes at least three good methods you want to see. Nothing that appears shady. So I congratulated them on that, on remaining pristine and open. That is a powerful acquisition that makes them the leader in cannabinoid research with the largest clinical trial pipeline of cannabis in the world. Operating results for their natural health subsidiary are looking good as the rollout of the Hemp Energy Drink continues its expansion to new cities; plus their Genacol products are geared up; then add the natural health products they can move on at Panag, and commercialization comes with that deal.

From Tetra's news release:
With the acquisition of Panag Pharma, Tetra will have:
1.) THE MOST ROBUST PHARMACEUTICAL AND NATURAL HEALTH PRODUCTS PIPELINE OF ANY CANNABINOID COMPANY
-- [IN THE WORLD].
2.) more pharmaceutical and natural health products;
3.) ENLARGED CAPACITY TO SELL THESE PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE;
4.) ACCESS TO PANAG'S ADDITIONAL NHP PORTFOLIO OF PRODUCTS.

So if you thought that GW Pharmaceuticals was the one with the largest pipeline, think again.
Tetra has a pipeline of 6 clinical trials, from PP01 to PP05 and PP02 is split into two pathways for two conditions. That is six drug clinical trials (HC, FDA, & EMA) currently moving along the pipeline roadmap. You can now add to that all of Panag's portfolio. And Panag has been studying new cannabinoid compounds for 5 years, amassing much data developing a list of non-addictive pain-relieving products containing cannabinoids and similar compounds found in cannabis and other plants. They've been seeking non-lethal solutions to the opioid crisis in North America, which is a key goal of Tetra Bio-Pharma. The founders have over a hundred years of experience in cannabinoid research and The Father of Cannabis Medicine (as they call him), Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, has been mentoring two of Panag's founders for over 20 years now all about cannabinoids. In fact, he is the senior advisor to Panag Pharma, and now to Tetra Bio-Pharma.

A tremendous bane to sellers of a stock is major news that creates a paradigm shift. This would be the news from Tetra that they have received approval of their Phase III clinical trial of PP01 smokable cannabis as a drug. It is believe that since Tetra's partner has applied for the Drug Identification Number for PP01, and Tetra has applied for patent protection based on what they learned in the clinical trials, that the Phase III trial has likely concluded very successfully or is in the last stages of wrapping up. Any news along this line will make Tetra news across North America. It is such strong news, that I would expect a trading halt on the Canadian exchange in preparation for that news. Then, since the only thing holding Tetra back from a Nasdaq or NYSE listing is their share price, they would be moving to uplist or IPO onto either one of these, thereby increasing the popularity and demand for their shares.

As you view this chart, you should be able to see the signs that we are about to move the price up significantly. From my contacts in regulatory affairs, it is believed most likely the clinical trial is over and they are going through the formalities at this time. Otherwise, if not successful, why would you be applying for a DIN # already and especially why would you want a patent on it! As well, Panag Pharma is going through with the merger acquisition, and they would have access to all the clinical data and conversations with Health Canada and the FDA about it, and with all the related partners involved in that, under non-disclosure agreement, you understand. And if that was not going well, I doubt you would see this move we just saw announced to do the acquisition. Because of these things happening and getting closer to the day of the huge news, we have seen short sales go way down over the last half a year. See https://shortdata.ca/stock/TBP.V/ to note the move down as we approach the announcement of the DIN # for PP01. Realize they wouldn't be applying for it if the trials hadn't gone successfully, in my opinion. There is also a move among some of the large shareholders to lock their shares up so they can't be shorted even to facilitate trades, much less any other reason. Some are putting orders to sell way over the strike price. Some doing that with conditional orders like $10 and $20 dollars. Some are having their shares sent to the transfer agent for safe keeping, since they are long-term holders like myself, and are easily accessible there, but totally escrowed, out of the market. That creates a shortage that affects supply and puts pressure on stocks to go up, when demand comes in, because there's no share inflation due to the borrowing of our shares to sell our own shares back to our family, friends, associates. Basically if shorting is not done to facilitate trades, but to manipulate stocks, there are good ways to deal with that. I am seeking to have Tetra declare dividends from the royalties they are going to receive from licensing. That is also a disincentive to traders wanting to sell. It's getting to be too many good things going on to do anything but get on board.

If you can look at the context of all these things, I believe the answer is clear. This is one of the best picks Aphria ever made to invest in and the next act of the show is about to begin.

Disclosure: I own a very large block of shares of Tetra Bio-Pharma. If anyone doesn't think this is objective, let me know. I will be glad to discuss any questions. I don't like to publish/recommend companies that I am not willing to put my own money in.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.