No. of Recommendations: 91
I'd like to acknowledge that I have been putting a lot of pressure on a few posters here at the Motley Fool to recant some statements they have made in the past month. I did this because I so strongly objected to these statements, and in these cases I overreacted. I have difficulty letting go of certain kinds of statements—that's my fault, not the fault of the others (who often are only trying to please their own audiences with them), and I'll work on my sensitivity to these. To the community at large, I apologize for the problems my outrage and overreactions have caused.

I certainly recognize, as should everyone, that this kind of escalation of a dispute can cast a pall over the public proceedings here, even crushing the whole joyous spirit of a free-wheeling Internet site such as this one, and ultimately create a lot of needless anxiety. I am truly sorry to have disturbed the site with these matters during the past month, and wish it hadn't happened.

If I've been guilty of being supercilious in this troubled time, or even just plain silly, what may be just as silly is to engage in a broader board conflict over such matters, and I hope people try to avoid these in the future.

I'd also like to encourage all posters, whether here for introspection or scholarship or satire or interaction or chat, all of which are available here in abundance, to try to respect the culture of each individual board, and not try to impose one's own Internet board preferences onto a board that already has an established culture; and I'd especially like to ask the people who most enjoy the type of posting typically done at Martini Club not to follow my bad past examples of imposing posting preferences onto other boards with already-well-established cultures.

Peace and boat drinks,

joseph aka jeanpaulsartre
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.