Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 61
Today, APPN went up $42, which was a DoubleSpiffy pop from the $20.17 price I paid for it on 2/11/2017. So why am I posting this? Because at that time, it turns out TomG had been lurking on our board and really appreciated the brilliant conversations and analysis that was going on. He said he liked our discussion of LGI Homes so much that he had recommended it in one of his services. He was so appreciative the he gave the board two stocks he was eying, or just recommended (don't recall).

One was Appian, which is now up $767% from that $20.17 price and the other,
Varonis (VRNS), which is now up a mere 131%, terrible!

So a Big Thanks to Tom Gardner for his generosity, hope you are still lurking. Tom, those gains easily cover my membership to your Partnership Portfolio and Ownership portfolio and CD2020, and anything else I might join for years to come.

Thanks again, you were always one of my two favorite Gardner brothers.

Pete.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.