Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Aphria & Tetra Bio Pharma Bring Top Of The Line Pharmaceutical Grade Product To Canada and Florida:
Aphria has partnered with Tetra Bio Pharma, another Canadian company, to bring Tetra's PPP001 clinical trial prescription medical cannabis to Canada and the US market beginning with Florida, where Aphria is selling their products to registered patients with doctors' prescriptions. The name of the Tetra product is RX Princeps, which is Latin for the first or foremost prescription cannabis. The prince of cannabis prescriptions is another interpretation.

Aphria & Tetra Partner Up To Bring First Clinically Trialed Product To Market Now:
The two companies have signed an agreement back in April 2018 to work together to bring Tetra's PPP001 product to Quebec and the Maritime Provinces. Recently as this week I asked Aphria for clarification of this product because Tetra announced last week that Aphria would be carrying RX Princeps for patients across all of Canada through their customer service lines. I then discovered that the Aphria products can be purchased in the USA in the state of Florida now as well, by selecting USA on their website and then selecting Florida; which means the product should be available to Florida same as all the rest. Aphria sent me a link to their own website blog where they have the April partner news with Tetra Bio Pharma on it and that was clrification that this latest announcement by Tetra expands on the April news because not only are Aphria and Tetra working together rolling out RX Princeps in Quebec and the Maritimes, but Aphria is marketing it to all their patients across Canada, and of course, Florida.

From the Aphria link note this quote:
“The commercial venture between Tetra and Aphria will enhance Aphria’s brand visibility and distribution of our high-quality medical grade cannabis into the maritime provinces and Quebec, as we look to meet the commercial demand for PPP001,” said Vic Neufeld, CEO of Aphria Inc. “As a leading Canadian licensed producer, it was important for us to work with an organization that shares our focus on pharmaceutical-grade quality assurance and control. Tetra’s emphasis on developing products driven by patient needs and scientific research and development makes them the perfect partner in this important next step for Aphria.” Tetra and Aphria have invested in the development of its PPP001 drug and will continue to invest to bring PPP001 to market in both Canada and USA (Florida first) as the first prescription drug using dried cannabis. The corporations have developed a high quality dried cannabis product and would like to make it available to physicians under the current ACMPR program.

Demand for RX Princeps calls for more LP's to meet the demand and delayed the launch to now:
The launch preparation is going so well that the demand for PPP001 (RX Princeps) has turned out much greater than originally anticipated. In fact, accordinng to Tetra's social media information, the demand is so great that Aphria won't be able to supply all of the product the demand is calling for, so additional sources of product have been contracted. As of their July 11th, 2017 news announcement, where Tetra provided this additional update:
The initial demand forecasted in New Brunswick for PPP001 using the ACMPR license (of Aphria) is more than what we expected for sales. We are now putting in place the necessary manufacturing capabilities to address this increasing demand and to ensure the highest standards of quality control. We will look at launching PPP001 using the ACMPR license (of Aphria) by the end of summer.

Summary:
I can say it in one sentence: I've always loved investing in a company whose product is in such demand that they have to delay the launch to ensure every customer will be happy and not subject to significant wait times; and because it's a very nice problem to have, I'll say that in closing.

Let the roll-out begin.  

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.