No. of Recommendations: 0
We aren't making any new travel reservations. I'm trying to decide on trips for 2021. Coronavirus is making a mess of international travel. It's hard to predict what will happen next year. It is always possible that Coronavirus will be history and a new virus will be the new issue.
Print the post Back To Top
We've booked our flight from Honolulu back to Michigan in 2 months. We intend to spend at least 2 weeks in Europe later this year. And then back to Hawaii in the fall. As of now, I have no compunctions about traveling in the US or Europe.

Thousands of people fly between Hawaii and Japan every day without incident.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Actually, I just now booked our spring trip to Europe. Returning to Tuscany. Fly to Florence, 5 nights in a lovely apartment a block from Pitti Palace & Boboli Garden. Then train to Padua and 10 nights in the perfect apartment in which we stayed in last year.

Reclining, exit-row seats with extra legroom on all flights. Cost in each city for a 4-room apartment with terrace and lovely view is on par with that of a typical 3-star hotel. Yay!
No. of Recommendations: 2
Have booked Cunard QM2 across the pond and return in May/June 2020. Final payment made before coronavirus made the news. Also prepaid Disney Adventure in Italy while abroad.

Watching with interest as things develop....trips insured but even if not will walk away if necessary.

2021 likely to be domestic travel, DH do love his national parks....

Teri
No. of Recommendations: 1
Have six months of travel booked for 2022 already. Have traveled all January already (South Africa), but will probably head back out in a month or two (western Turkey currently a strong contender, as is Bordeaux - maybe both on the same trip). Staying out of the rest of Asia this year, I think.

Keeping an eye on the potential spread of the coronavirus.

Jeff
No. of Recommendations: 2
Oh.

<<Feb. 23, 2020

ROME — Government officials scrambled on Sunday to contain the first major outbreak of the coronavirus in Europe, locking down at least 10 towns near Milan, closing schools and canceling the iconic Venice carnival, as nearly 150 cases were announced in recent days.

The new cases are mostly in the Lombardy region, which includes Milan, and is one of Italy’s most densely populated areas. The spike — from fewer than five known cases before Thursday — has quickly made the country the biggest test of whether the virus can be successfully contained in an open European society.>>

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/23/world/europe/italy-corona...
ROME — Government officials scrambled on Sunday to contain the first major outbreak of the coronavirus in Europe, locking down at least 10 towns near Milan, closing schools and canceling the iconic Venice carnival, as nearly 150 cases were announced in recent days.

This coronavirus thing seems to have some legs.