Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
The Fatal Flaw in My Investing Approach
We all have that one trait that causes us to screw up when making investment decisions. Here's mine.
Tyler Crowe(TMFDirtyBird)

...One thing that I drilled into my head early on as an investor is to avoid letting costs eat into my returns: Don't move in and out of stocks all willy-nilly. Long-term capital gains taxes are much more favorable then short-term gains rates.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/04/21/the-fatal-flaw-in-...

What possible business is it of the government's to decide whether you should hold that complete dog of a stock (General Electric/IBM/any Berkshire holding) longer because the meddlesome meddlers in the government in some distant dinosaur time of the past thought you should not trade in and out using your own money? And so that is drilled into people's heads: Good Person--gets better treatment. Hang on to that dog let's all hope for the best maybe the GE bottom is nigh......

Oh who will rid me of this Why did James Comey say, 'Will no one rid me of this meddlesome ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../why-did-comey-say-will-no......
Jun 8, 2017 - Yes, it rings in my ear as kind of, 'Will no one rid me of this meddlesome priest?' ”

Oh do shut up, Portia.

Doctor: This can't be right. This man has 104% body fat.
[he looks and sees Homer eating a drumstick]
Doctor: Hey, no eating in the tank!
Homer Simpson: Go to hell.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.