Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!  I'm winding down the night after taking my family out for some St. Patrick's Day cheer and beer.  Well maybe some cheer and chocolate milk for the youngins.  It was nice to be out and listening to some live Irish music along with the standard staple of corned beef and cabbage.  The restaurant/bar wasn't as crowded as in holidays past. After a few tips in the tip jar for the singer, "Oh Danny Boy" rang out.  That's always a good song to listen to while you're sipping a Guinness.   My wife suggested that we continue the tradition next year and my daughter chimed in with a "yeah, but can we do it again next year?"  Oh to be young again...

Well it looks like more bad news in the stock market with JPM picking up what's left of the Bear.  How sad.  Lots of green went *poof* just like that.  Is the bleeding going to stop?  I guess I'm dollar-cost-averaging my investments into stocks right now for the long haul, but it sure does suck to watch my portfolio show red instead of green.  Maybe I need a few more Guinnesses, a four-leaf clover, and a slow leprechaun to follow to my pot of gold. With due respects to Kermit the Frog, "It's not easy being green"!

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.