Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Are your ARK positions the same right now as the list you posted in the Beating Cathie Wood Day 1 thread?

Yes, the last trade was Jan 19 (day zero). The GameStop game was no game stopper for the Captain's ARK.

I really liked reading about your covered call strategy but this new approach has me even more intrigued.

I use both. 75% of the port is Captain's ARK and 15% income from covered call. You have to keep them separate if you want both to perform well. The percentages vary over time. I like to have most in growth and just enough in income to cover my ordinary expenditures.

Let's see how long I can run the Captain's ARK without making any trades. Initially I figured maybe trade once a quarter. Philip Fisher, author of Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits, used to say that one had to give one's stocks a chance to prove themselves.

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.