Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Argh, I'm sorry about the flex plan. It's really hard to know how much to put into it, and I'm sorry their response caused you to put less than you would have otherwise. That sucks.

For me it's a little easier--I always max out the FSA Health flex thingie--we have three people with glasses, and two people with large monthly prescription costs, so pretty much anything else that happens during the year will put us over.

I agree, medical billing is nuts. They have no clue how much it's going to cost ahead of time, and it seems like there ought to be a way for *someone* to know, for a regular treatment. I think there are things that can change it, like maybe the anesthesiologist you should have had gets sick, and gets a buddy from another group to cover for him, and that other group bills differently, and then you're hosed.

Or, I know with the Boo, if his gastroenterologist did a colonoscopy at the hospital, it was much more covered than if the same guy did it at his clinic (which was much easier to get an appointment at). One cost maybe $100, and the other cost about $3000. ????

--Booa
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.