Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Aridian,

If I may put my thoughts on the table, and I am just moving from kindergarden to the first grade in this area. As you know, technology moves so fast that there will probably always be a few companies that are forging ahead with new breakthroughs and products. We weren't around for the railroad boom or the industrial revolution, but this technology revolution seems to be endless. But my education in any tech feild is pretty much nill.

One thing that keeps coming back, in my mind, is the Gulf War. In 1990 when we attacked Iraq, our war technology was so much more advanced than anyone else's, it was a wipeout. Two years ago, when we bombed again, the technology we had, made the 1990 stuff seem like old hat.

This, most of all, shows me that technology is here to stay. It's too bad that it takes war to bring out the best that a country has to offer, but that is the way that it has been since the beginning of mankind. I'm not saying that we need a new skirmish here and there to test our new stuff, but don't count it out.

What I'm trying to say, is that, now more than ever, a technological advantage over an opponent, weather it be war or business, will have each side putting all their resources into succeeding. So I truly believe that we are still in the infancy of the "tech boom".

This is why I am totally invested in tech stocks for the foreseeable future, although we must stay on top of any new developments. Because, it seems that the future is coming to us faster and faster.

Hope I made some sense, and have a great weekend,
stibbles :)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.