Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Dear Fools David and Tom,

I received Rule Breakers/Rule Makers in a timely manner from Amazon.com and have managed my way to the twain of the Tween section despite a busy schedule with five small children at home. Congratulations on an informative book that is a great pleasure to read. For me there is delightful richness to prose that illustrates investment concepts with Shakespeare, Columbus, and Babe Ruth. I will go so far as to call the book "art" because it meets all three criteria of David's definition.

I was most deeply affected by your discussion of adaptation vs. improvement. I believe that in life as well as business the process of change and thus, hopefully, adaptation is crucial. You have recharged my efforts to think things through and to adapt in my own life as well as in my approach to investing.

Kudos to two premier Rule Breakers, may we all *be the sauce.*

Fool on! Lydia
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Lydia,

Thanks for scribing my favorite note of the day! Wow. You have absolutely and completely "gotten" it.

If you have a moment, I'd love it if you'd take the time to scribe a 2-3 sentence review over on Amazon.com. Here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684844001/qid%3D910852951/sr%3D1-10/002-9383513-4934002

(You just click the "Write an online review" hyperlink a little way down the page.)

And of course, if you don't have the time, we quite understand.

I think what I appreciated most about your note was not the part about investing, but your understanding of adaptation. I do hope that in this book people find lessons for their lives every bit as much as for their investing.

Finally, please tell your 117 best friends about us!

Foolish best wishes, and let us know right here if you have any more questions,

David Gardner
David,

Thanks for writing my favorite note of the day!

I have posted a review (such a great marketing idea on their part)at Amazon.com as "a reader from Idaho".

Foolish best regards,

Lydia

>I have posted a review (such a great marketing idea >on their part)at Amazon.com as "a reader from Idaho".

And yet 2 days later it doesn't seem to be there. Does Amazon screen the posts to maximize marketing impact? Does it allow authors to screen the posts?

Hmmm, seem to recall reading many a negative review of other books on their site posted by readers (some of whom dissuaded me from a purchase I would have otherwise made) so I'll drop my conspiracy theory. :-)

Anyways, what's more exciting: watching AMZN climb or watching your book climb to #1 on Amazon? Maybe Amazon gives you guys a real-time booktracker...
Fizzfazz,

Thanks so much for your note! Amazon's processing of customer reviews has been somewhat less than spontaneous of late (we certainly don't get to look at 'em!) Everything eventually shows up, though.

It's all exciting--AMZN's climb, and the book's ascent. We don't have a real-time tracker, but I think we're all Amazon.com Hot 100 addicts by now. :)

Foolishly,

Gabrielle