evidence in support of evolution is, “The proof is right here, in our
genes.”

...There is, as the scientists who cracked the genome all agreed, no other
possible explanation...

http://www.msnbc.com/news/534127.asp?cp1=1

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Amy thanks for the link.

I have never posted to this board, and haven't read many of the posts. I apologize for not following the conversation. It seems to be an interesting board, with a great group of participants.

Anyway, I'd just like to comment that despite the content of Arthur Caplan's article, in an msnbc poll asking the question: "Does our genome confirm Darwin's theory" the results are currently running 58% yes and 42% no.

In other words, to paraphrase a quote I can't quite remember now, "clear facts will never confuse the issue for people who already have their minds made up."
:)

The Bible is "a book of faith to teach the relationship between God and man". Science refers to a process in which humans attempt to understand their physical world.

I don't pray when I want to turn on the kitchen light, I flip the switch. I don't have "faith" in electricity. However, I do recognize that there is proof that electricity exists and behaves in certain ways under certain conditions.

But, when God said, "Let there be light," I believe there was. I can't explain the process of that sort of light, but I believe it on faith.

Science and religion - two entirely different things, never meant to be in agreement.

That's my take FWIW,

Lydia

No. of Recommendations: 0

Lydia,welcome to the board.If you start at about post
#10 and read you will find that athiests and believers
have "sat at the table" and discussed cve without one
fight.Both sides can state there "faith" if they chouse
to but are brief as other boards deal with that in depth.The amount of information that has been passed on
this board is stunning,at least for me.

<In other words, to paraphrase a quote I can't quite remember now, "clear facts will never confuse
the issue for people who already have their minds made up."
:)>

Maybe I can help; A man convinced against his will is
of the same opinion still.

Chris
No. of Recommendations: 1
Amy,
Did you ever take an Art class? It was required when I was in college. Now, I didn't do to well because I have trouble memorizing. But, I can recognize a painting every once in a while. Like Monet's lilly pads and Van Gogh's 'swirls'.
My point? Artists have a recognizable style, unique to only them. Others can copy, but a person who specializes in these things can always find a forgery. Why? Because he 'knows' artists.
Now, I know God (as much as a human can) and I am not the least bit troubled by the fact that:

"evolution---must make new genes from old parts, E. Lander
or that "our genetic instructions have evolved from the same programs that guided the development of earlier animals"

because they have the same Creator!

Another Perspective,
Becky
No. of Recommendations: 1
Our genes show that scientific creationism cannot be true. The response to all those who thump their bible and say there is no proof, no test and no evidence in support of evolution is, “The proof is right here, in our genes.”

Hmmmm. "Scientific creationism," now that's an exercise in contradiction.