No. of Recommendations: 0
Art:"When we lived in Maynardville, TN there was never a line and they knew my name and where I lived. There was a little courthouse across the street from the barber shop and that is where we went to renew the tags to our car. It was wonderful. And oh yeah, it cost us $24.00/year."

Well, in TX, you need to get your car to a testing station once a year for the smog test....... and they send in the results to the state. Then you can renew on line for the next year.

The nearest testing station is about 2 miles from the house and it is typically a half hour wait to get through. Smog test and they check the brakes and lights. Places all over in my town for testing.

It's now about $70/car to renew the stickers on the windshield. The plates stay the same for 10 years then they send you new ones.

I think in FL it's every other year and you got to take your car miles and miles to a big state testing center. I remember doing that for my mom......took a couple hours between the drive (20 miles) and the wait.....

t.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.