No. of Recommendations: 1
At least they are doing something in that multimillion square foot space. I just don't see a 3 wheeled 2 seater car taking off much in the USA. Even if it supposedly gets 80 mpg. Even with a 5 star crash rating, I wouldn't want to be near an 18 wheeler.

JLC

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20130103/NEWS05/30104...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
as long as you keep Obama from visiting the plant, they have a chance of success. If he or Biden drop by....well, bankrupt in a year...

t.
No. of Recommendations: 1
I wouldn't want to be near an 18 wheeler.

I saw my first Smart Car when I was in Grand Junction, CO. I struck up a conversation with the owners on just this very topic. They said that they had it on the freeway exactly one time. The draft from a passing semi damn near made them lose control and crash. No more freeway driving for them in that car.
"It gets 84 miles per gallon. It's anticipated (to receive a) five-star crash rating in all directions, and we can sticker price it for $6,800," Elio said during a news conference today announcing his company's move into the facility." - The Elio three wheeled car from Louisana

Sounds good to me! I might buy one. The price is right and it gets great gas mileage. I wonder what size engine it's going to have?

And I don't even need a car!

Art
At least they are doing something in that multimillion square foot space. I just don't see a 3 wheeled 2 seater car taking off much in the USA. Even if it supposedly gets 80 mpg. Even with a 5 star crash rating, I wouldn't want to be near an 18 wheeler.

JLC

Does the same thing happen to motorcycles?

Metal

JLC

It is basically an enclosed motorcycle. There was a version that use to be built in Hollister. That company folded to do mismanagement. I am not certain if embezzlement was part of the mismanagement.
...as long as you keep Obama from visiting the plant, they have a chance of success. If he or Biden drop by....well, bankrupt in a year...

Ironically, the space this company is occupying is a former GM plant. That closed down AFTER the bailout from Obozo et al.

JLC