Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 78
As a consequence of the expiration of the lockup, there was a block trade of about 1.7 million shares today at about $120. This apparently spooked a number of holders and the stock slid to $114.40 immediately after, but bounced back to $119 at the close, probably aided by NAFCU's press release. When I saw the NAFCU press release, which was emailed to me as an alert by my broker (Schwab), I jumped on it as an opportunity and added to my Upstart position. There just seem to be one thing after another affirming that Upstart is for real.

I wouldn't be surprised if the people buying from the venture capitalists today had driven down the price from $150 to $120 in the last three or four days, by shorting the shares they knew that they'd be able to buy back at a cheaper price in the block trade.

This is OT, and please don't add to this part of the discussion, but I thought understanding what was going on would be useful to fellow Upstart investors.

Saul
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.