Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As a DBA for HP3000 and 9000 systems, I find our DLT drives to be quite efficient. Although these drives are HP manufactured, I don't think there is (to my knowledge) any better backup device that would compare.

I am also an investor in Quantum DSS, because of the fact that I know how DLT works, and it's effect on disaster/recovery. From an administration standpoint, if Quantum's HDD division produces reliable, cost-effective hard drives for Desktop User/Networks, the next logical step would be to purchase a device to backup the drives. Quantum needs the hard drives to become accepted in the market place, therefore, allowing their DLT to follow immediately right behind it. This is the tie between HDD and DSS.

All hard drives fail. And by human nature, we purchase products by name recognition, reliablity, and cost.

any thoughts?
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.