No. of Recommendations: 68
As a landlord myself, you are the classic example of why I have a "no pets" policy when renting to tenants.

In my experience (not just with tenants) MOST pet owners are irresponsible and wind up imposing nuisances on their neighbors.

In your case you have a landlord who permits pets, but you can't stop yourself from loading up on pets until they become a nuisance. Now you have two large dogs and three cats in a small apartment.

You have been treated generously by the owner, who now, quite reasonably, has decided enough is enough. I might note that YOU decided that enough was enough, but then ignored your own judgement and added another large dog.

Frankly, your judgement is impaired. It's not a matter of whether the latest dog is aggressive or not. YOU HAVE TOO MANY PETS FOR A SMALL APARTMENT!

Rather than adding dishonesty to your list of behaviors as a model tenant, do some serious thinking about whether you are willing to downsize the pet population or would prefer to move to a different place and keep your pets.

You are a good example of why so many property owners prohibit pets. Make enough of a nuisance of yourself over this issue, and you will probably add your current landlord to that list.

Seattle Pioneer
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.