Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 1
As a partner in a trading firm you are not sutject to SE taxes, so don't compute or include them in your tax estimates. Your trading firm should be able to better answer any tax questions you have than we are. It is a whole other world and you are likely to get totally wrong answers to "out-of-context" questions from us because we are NOT traders. ed

Ed is right. I held back on commenting until I could confirm with a CPA buddy of mine who is also an ex-trader. Rules for traders are very different.

If you have specific questions, present them with as much detail as possible and I will try to relay the Qs and As.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.