Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
As an aside, if you wanted to, you could still contribute to a traditional IRA for 2009 then immediately convert to a Roth.

With the caveat that there can be no other Traditional IRAs, including Rollover IRAs, that have pre-tax money in them.

If there are Traditional IRAs that have pre-tax money, the conversion is pro-rated between the pre-tax and the after-tax/non-deductible, and you will owe taxes on the converted amount that is not after-tax. See IRS form 8606 for details.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.