Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
As an investor, you should be thrilled that banks are successfully increasing profitable revenues (provided that you invested in banks). As a consumer, well, its a free market and you are welcome to take your business to the banks that offer you a better deal.

As far as executive compensation goes, I would think that as long as the corporate governance structures are strong and intact (not always the case), and execs are performing well, it is hard to begrudge them their earnings. Particularly in the case of pay-for-performance structures, I'd think that investors would be happy to pay CEO's richly because it would mean that investor's were doing well.

Now there are numerous cases where execs are egregiously over-paid (I have one in my portfolio and I'm looking to get out). Since these problems are out there, it pays to do some DD.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.