Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
As for the rest of it, you need to talk to a securities lawyer yesterday. I don't have a good feeling about what you're doing as it relates to securities law. I may be totally wrong, but were I you I'd find out.

There are usually exceptions based on number of clients and amount of assets under management, but the limits are set by each state independently and you are considered to be subject to the jurisdiction of any state where you are located (residence or office) or where any client resides. I second Phil's advice to seek out a securities lawyer for advice.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.