Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
As I have previously stated, I hope to stay in my house. I have cleaning twice a month, mowing/leaf removal, etc. I understand there are some very good nursing services if I should need in home care. I know I would not do well in a nursing home facility.....I'm too stubborn and want my own way...and my dogs.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Birgit

I wish people could see some of the houses I have seen in our window fashions business. An old person living alone. Some physical and mental decay. Driving is out of the question due to the decay, including eyesight and reaction time, and ability to judge distance and speed. Live in care taker. Some pets. One man had to navigate me through the maze of stacked magazines and newspapers he hadn't gotten around to reading yet, just to find the windows. In case of mental decay, the pets can be worse than nothing, it we don't clean up for them.

As long as we are healthy and not afflicted with senility or Alz, it's not outrageous to want to continue to live in our house. But it's sad when we start to decay either physically or mentally. Not able to visit friends like before.

We like this place: https://carlsbadbythesea.org/ Yes, large move-in fee. Then large monthly fee. This one allows two (small) pets. But, you know what? As the saying goes, you can't take it with you. We want to make our final years as comfortable and enjoyable as we can. We hope to make friends in the new environs. There are activities to fit just about every taste.

But, tastes differ. It's not a one size fits all situation. We feel we can afford the comfort (luxury) of this kind of place, and we may need the support structure that comes with it, so why not?

CNC
... Do you live in/around Ashtabula? I can assure you that Southern California is much more expensive. But the heating bills in winter are less. 😂
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.