Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
As I said in my original post…

You are apparently psychic, since you answered my question before I even asked it!

But seriously, it's impressive that you anticipated my question, and I should have read more carefully.

The amount on line 16 isn't zero, but it's close. (Less than $1K.)

You can't claim the EIC (Earned Income Credit) if your investment income is > $3,600. Maybe that's what you were thinking of?

That's probably what I was thinking of.

I am so pleased to learn that I can just adjust my holdings now and be okay. I posted the first message in this thread when I found myself wondering about quarterly estimated taxes, and until I read your reply, I've been worried sick about them.

I've already adjusted my withholdings, so I should be good for 2020. I've also made a rough calculation for my taxes, and set aside that much plus 10% to allow for error.

Thanks again, AJ for all your help.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.