Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
As I've written here before, CSX has quadrupled with zero sales growth. Now sales are decreasing which may get interesting.

CSX has cut expenses, eliminated an incredible number of employees, stopped using tracks all over the place, eliminated yards and humping stations, literally cutting cap ex to revenue to a point of never before...

...and CSX has ramped up buybacks, the faster the stock price went up the more cash headed out the door to buy stock. Far more than earnings, multiples of free cash flow.

The NEW NEW NEW THING and Michael Lewis would call it.

Sold bout half my 45.5 year holding of CSX as I wrote earlier this week. I do not, in any way shape or form, like the way CSX is being managed, and I detest the way management hypes its model.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.