Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
As the board's resident simplicity and marketing/cool factor fan...

The product is hard to understand. And I'm always anti-complexity. And I really don't think these guys have marketing in their DNA. Look at Kurtz/Green - these guys are traveling the world, keynoting conferences, making YouTube videos, getting interviewed regularly and constantly laying out the vision. Recently Jeff Green had one of those fireside chats with a big firm (forget which) and all the analysts walked out and raised estimates.

I see a lot of complexity here in detailing for investors exactly what it is, how it will work and just how big the market is for it. Wonder if this had anything to do with Bathgate's departure?

So bottom line - my speculation is the company lacks marketing sizzle/clear narrative to inspire investors and has long way to go to educate investing community/buyers. Elon Musk doodles a truck and Telsa's stock price doubles.

To be honest, in the euphoria of us killing it I fear I am guilty of failing to meet my own criteria here - keep it simple stupid.

But maybe Ethan1234 can help us flesh out the TAM.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.