Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
As the other responses have indicated, the IRA rollover is a good solution. You may even be able to start one for your spouse (if one is available) so you can contribute up to $2000 in each one. In addition, if you have any kids, you might want to consider Education IRA for them. You are allowed to contribute up to $500 for each EdIRA AND the normal $2000 for your IRA. The Fool has a pretty good description of all these IRA options in the "All About IRAs section".

Good Luck!
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.