Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As the saying goes: You never know what you don't know until you know it.

Buy what you know; you know what happened to QCOM's stock this year vs ATT.

How does the technology compare? I haven't heard about this drop calls and weak signals in all my research regarding wireless. I can't say either way.

But the fact remains the CDMA is a more efficient way of using bandwidth over TDMA and GSM or else, why would CDMA be the highest growth wireless technology? Or why would CDMA even grow at all. If it were inferior, it would end up like analog, left for dead. CDMA is not even stagnating, it is growing, that should tell investors something.

3G will incoporate CDMA technology. You can debate weather it's from QCOM or not (royalty issues), but the fact remains, it will be based on CDMA.

For ATT stockholders, I can't say if your system is better, since I haven't used or tested it,but as investors, you are not buying into ATT for its wireless division. They are making significant push for the last mile via cable, and that itself has a list of unclear issues. As for ATT's existing legacy system ie voice and longdistance, you can say goodbye to this revenue pie in the near future. The future is data, not voice, and leaders like Quest, MCI Worldcom, and especially GBLX know this full well.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.