Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As we have discussed on the RNWK board a few times the true value of RealNetworks is the Many benefits they bring to media producers. RealNetworks has deals with a great many other companies. This has been dubbed the RealNetworks value chain. In the streaming media market he who has the producers has the users. Windows production software works on one system windows. RealNetworks software is compatible with all most every OS.

Watch the numbers not Bill Gates smoke and mirror tricks. The streaming market itself is exploding even if Microsoft can steal some market share RNWK is still going to make big money. Microsoft isn't going to steal 85% market share over night. Right now I don't think microsoft can steal away much market share because they don't have the network (yes it is called RealNetworks for a reason) to support it. Windows streaming software was based on Licensed old RNWK code on earlier versions of the RealPlayer.

RealNetworks is less than years old it doesn't have a death rattle it has a baby rattle.

some fun background

Rob Glaser(CEO of RealNetworks) used to work over at microsoft. I am confident that he will fight tooth and nail. He has so far.

Come the RNWK board and listen in if you like many good people over there. Im sure there is something I am leaving out that they would say.

Pwei
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.