Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Ask a good real estate attorney about using a Starker tax-deferred exchange and whether it would suit your uses. (You can search the web for information to get an idea of how it could be useful to you)
If you want the money immediately--it won't help. But if you would like to avoid 15% or 28% tax you can do it legally using the 1031 Starker exchange and then converting the exchanged property into your residence and avoid paying taxes on $250,00 to $500,000 of capital gains.
This is what rich people do all the time (That's how they got and stay rich :-)

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.