Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Retired Fools,

Despite being retired for a while, this is my first time visiting this board...
I have been doing well with Options since 2013... adding a slow amount to my stash...
The staff of Options has seen a big shifting around since Jeff Fisher left to do something
else. I am a little less comfortable with the new players. My subscription to Options ends
in May and I am thinking whether or not to continue...

My husband, who is 86, as opposed to my 81, has some fear because of the Covid 19 virus. The great market gyrations that have happened lately freak him out. I am more in the place of thinking that the prices of good stocks are down and now is the time to buy. He would like me to stop Options and buying stocks whether they are from Stock Advisor or my latest suggestion Dividend Stocks. We can
survive for the next ten years if we are carefully using our current cash.

I can't forget the fact that staying totally out of the market doesn't earn anything and doesn't keep up with inflation.

What do you suggest to bridge the gap between us now. I am open to any suggestions... and my husband will be happy that I asked your opinions...

Thanks, Anne
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.